Welcome to the Commercial approvals Bureau
Commercials can be submitted online or you can download an application form from the Resources page. We recommend applying online as it has prompts to ensure you submit all the necessary information.
To formally approve a commercial we require a copy of the ad, the key number and your customer details.
Additional information is required for certain product categories:
- Alcoholic products. We need confirmation that the ad has been pre-approved by LAPS, the Liquor Advertising Pre-vetting Service. LAPS contact details.
- Therapeutic products & services, health products and medical devices. We needs confirmation that the ad has been pre-approved by TAPS, the Therapeutic Advertising Pre-vetting Service. TAPS contact details.
- Food & beverage products. We need the product's nutritional details if you intend to advertise during children's programming. The nutritional details can be submitted online or you can download an application form from the Resources page.
- Financial services. We need a declaration from one of the advertiser's Directors that the commercial complies New Zealand legistration. You can download the declaration from the Resources page.
How to send us a reasonable copy of the commercial:
- Upload it directly to the CAB website as part of the online application
- Send it digitally via IMD, Dubsat or Adstream
- Send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send it by courier to Approvals Team, Commercial Approvals Bureau, Level 12, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010