Submit your Ad
home / submit your ad
Commercials can be submitted online or you can download an application form from the Resources page. We recommend applying online as it has prompts to ensure you submit all the necessary information.
To formally approve a commercial we require a copy of the ad, the key number and your customer details. Please remember that additional information is required for certain product categories:
- Food & beverage products. We need the product's nutritional details if you intend to advertise during children's programming. The nutritional details can be submitted online or you can download an application form from the Resources page.
- Financial services. We need a declaration from one of the advertiser's Directors that the commercial complies with various securities Acts and regulations. You can download a sample declaration from the Resources page.
- Alcoholic products. We need confirmation that the ad has been pre-approved by LAPS, the Liquor Advertising Pre-vetting Service. LAPS contact details.
- Medical and therapeutic products and services. We needs confirmation that the ad has been pre-approved by TAPS, the Therapeutic Advertising Pre-vetting Service. TAPS contact details.
How to send us a reasonable copy of the commercial:
- Upload it directly to the CAB website as part of the online application
- Send it digitally via eBus, Dubsat or Adstream
- Send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send it by courier to Approvals Team, Commercial Approvals Bureau, Level 5, 9 High Street, Auckland 1010
When to expect a reply
We aim to approve finished commercials in less than 12 working hours (assuming no substantiation or changes are required).
As soon as your commercial is approved we'll confirm it in a quick email and the formal paperwork will follow a few hours later.