Codes of Practice
Every concept, script or finished commercial is assessed against the ASA's current Advertising Codes of Practice, precedents set by past Advertising Standards Complaints Broad (ASCB) decisions and the broadcaster's own house rules.
ASA's Codes of Practice
The ASA's Advertising Codes of Practice provide the rules by which all advertisements in all media (not just television) must comply.
You can click here download the complete 'Advertising Codes of Practice'' booklet.
- Advertising Code of Ethics
- Code for Advertising to Children
- Children's Code For Advertising Food 2010
- Code for Comparative Advertising
- Code for Environmental Claims
- Code for Financial Advertising
- Code for Advertising of Food
- Code for Advertising Gaming and Gambling
- Code for Advertising for Advertising and Promotion of Alcohol
- Code for People in Advertising
- Therapeutic Products Advertising Code
- Therapeutic Services Advertising Code
- Code for Advertising Vehicles
- Code for Advertising of Weight Management